Sunday, November 10, 2013

Zucchini Boats - Oh My YES!!

Ok, so I have been looking for some good, quick recipes to use up some excess stuff without buying a lot of extra ingredients.  Just simple, 1-2 servings, something I can bring with my on quick trips back to Harrisburg to stop into work and visit my horse.

I found this wonderful recipe for zucchini (I believe it was paleo) but now - I'm so sorry author! - I lost it.  If I do find it again I will make sure to link to it here.  I did adapt it for what I had, so here's my version of the recipe:

Ingredients:

1 zucchini
1/2 cup leftover ground turkey
small chunk of leftover cream cheese
hefty teaspoon of minced garlic
large handful of chopped kale
coconut oil
cayenne pepper

Directions: Scoop out the meat of the zucchini, set aside the shell to use for "boat".  Chop up meat, saute with kale in small amount of coconut oil.  Add ground turkey, cayenne pepper, cream cheese and maybe a little salt to taste.  DO NOT taste test at this point. Trust me... it'll be hard to stop.  Fill your zucchini boats with the mixture.  NOW you can eat the rest of the filling ;)

Place these in the freezer to flash freeze, then move into a container for long term freezing and when you're ready to eat, pop into the microwave.  If you wanted to eat right away, I would suggest baking at 350 for about 15-20 min.  Here is my finished product:



Enjoy yours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment