Sunday, November 3, 2013

It's Time For The Ball

Another year, another ball on my wonderful husband's arm.  And can I just say that the wives of Truck Co rocked it with classy, stylish gowns this year?


Joel and I weren't planning to go this year because he was supposed to be at school.  But with the government shutdown, his school got canceled and we were free!  So I got a last minute rental with Rent The Runway and off we went.  Last night we were on a boat, and it was a good time!

I do have to say, as I do every year, that I am just shocked at the quality of "ball gowns" out there.  If you are at a ball on the arm of a Marine, then I'm really not understanding why the total loss of dignity takes place.  Why showcase every possible part of your body?  Why not highlight your natural beauty and enjoy the evening with the one you're with?  Don't get me wrong, I know everyone wants to look great, but leave a little to the imagination ladies!  Colors should complement the uniform, not draw attention to you.  You are an accessory to a US Marine who is there as part of his JOB.  (Sorry, I know there are women in the Marines, but usually your date isn't flashing everyone while dancing so this doesn't really apply!)  Sit politely, make conversation, eat your food, and dance in such a way that you wouldn't be embarrassed to see the video the next day!

Ok, rant is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment