Friday, January 18, 2013

Rosemary Bread

I'm starting this one while the bread's baking, and man - if it tastes as good as it smells right now.....

Here's the recipe as I made it:

Romanos Macaroni Grill Rosemary Bread

1 packet yeast (1 tbsp)
1 tbsp sugar
1 cup warm water
1 tbsp melted butter
1 tbsp dried rosemary
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 cups flour (plus more)

Water, sugar and yeast went into mixer bowl, let sit for 5 minutes until bubbly.  Added rest of ingredients, except flour, and mixed with dough hook attachment.  Added flour in 1/2 cup increments until I reached 2 cups, then, because dough was so wet, put mixer on low and added by the tbsp until dough pulled from the edges.  Dough was still pretty wet, so I probably added 3 more tbsp after that.

Put dough into oiled bowl, cover, and let rise for an hour on top of oven after I made dinner.  Then punched dough down, split in half, oiled cookie sheet and rounded the loaves.  Let rise again, uncovered, for 45 minutes.

Cook in oven 15-20 minutes at 375.  A lot of reviews said to brush butter over top, egg wash, etc.  but for this run I'm not putting anything on top to see how it comes out.

Verdict is - delicious!  Did not need wash in any form.  Was light and fluffy and have to go because now I am officially designated "bread cutter" by the family as they beg for more!

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment